Over the past few weeks we've been asking our campers some questions about what they really think of Camp. This is what they said:
1. How many years have you been coming to camp?: This is my first year.
2. What is your favorite activity?: Riflery
3. How has camp changed you?: Camp has made me more open and accepting.
4. What's your favorite camp food?: My favorite camp food is the Oreo pie. It's delicious!
5. What is your best camp memory?: My best camp memory was Kaos with all my friends, shoving shaving cream in everyone's faces. Or even when everyone starts spontaneously singing.
6. What 3 things would you never come to camp without?: My books of course! BUG SPRAY! A camera to capture all my favorite memories.
7. What do you love most about Camp Sloane?: I love making friends with everyone and how close you get with your tent mates and counselors.
8. What advice would you give to someone coming to camp for the first time?: Just be yourself. No one here judges you. And bring bug spray and bug bite stuff. And never forget! Drink lots of sunscreen and put on lots of water!
9. How would you describe Sloane in one word? And why?: Accepting. I chose accepting because everyone here at Sloane are friendly and accepting no matter where you come from or what your past is. Sloane lets you be you.
1. How many years have you been coming to camp?: 4 years.
2. What is your favorite activity?: Archery
3. Why do you keep coming back to Sloane?: Because Sloane is amazing. I can do stuff that I can't do in New York. It's a place where I can be myself.
4. How has camp changed you?: I'm more independent. I've also learned many new things.
5. What's your favorite camp food?: Meatball subs!
6. What is your best camp memory?: There are so many to choose from! I think my favorite was when I went banana boating! It was one of the most fun experiences of my life.
7. What 3 things would you never come to camp without?: BOOKS!! Bug spray. A notebook.
8. What do you love most about Camp Sloane?: The people! The counselors are nice and some of the campers are my best friends.
9. What advice would you give to someone coming to camp for the first time?: Try to come in with a clean slate. Don't let anything that has happened outside of camp affect you. Also, have fun!
10. How would you describe Sloane in one word? And why?: Amazing, because that's just what camp is.