Last week we heard from Caroline and Tatiana, now it's time to hear from two more campers about their experiences at Sloane!
1. How many years have you been coming to camp?: 4 years.
2. What is your favorite activity?: Sailing
3. Why do you keep coming back to Sloane?: Because I have a great time at camp and make a lot of new friends.
4. How has camp changed you?: To be what I want to be.
5. What's your favorite camp food?: Pasta on pasta night!
6. What is your best camp memory?: Turtling a sail boat with my friend Ryan.
7. What 3 things would you never come to camp without?: A crazy creek, a sleeping bag and a camel back.
8. What do you love most about Camp Sloane?: Having a lot of fun and meeting new people from around the world.
9. What advice would you give to someone coming to camp for the first time?: Be yourself and have a great time.
10. How would you describe Sloane in one word? And why?: Awesome! There are so many things to do at camp.
1. How many years have you been coming to camp?: This is my third year at Camp Sloane. It will not be my last!
2. What is your favorite activity?: This is hard… I love Archery and Rockband, but I'll have to say Improv. There are so many fun activities and games in Improv, and I always make hilarious memories. (The counselors also rock).
3. Why do you keep coming back to Sloane?: The people and activities are an obvius answer, but I also love the independence. I can do whatever I want activity-wise, and I don't need to walk everywhere with adults. It makes me feel mature.
4. How has camp changed you?: I feel like I am a more mature person. I used to blurt out awkward questions and freak out over spiders. Now, I am the official daddy-long-legs exterminator! I have to check the shower stalls and the bunks for everyone!
5. What's your favorite camp food?: Marshmallow Mateys!
6. What is your best camp memory?: It was my first year and I got a little lost with some other campers coming back from the lake… eventually we stumbled upon Hammock Haven and a counselor found us and brought us back. The whole thing was funny and proved to be a great bonding experience!
7. What 3 things would you never come to camp without?: Bug spray, a journal, and a hairbrush.
8. What do you love most about Camp Sloane?: I love being able to try new things. I got to go fishing today, and in the past I tried playing drums and guitar. I even learned archery! It is so great to experience all these new things.
9. What advice would you give to someone coming to camp for the first time?: Trust everyone. Your counselors are here t help you and support you. They are some of the awesomest people you will ever meet and they just want you to have a good time. Plus, they have great advice. Everyone here is a family.
10. How would you describe Sloane in one word? And why?: Adventure. You get to try new things, meet new people, try new food, learn new things, and live outdoors. The Camp Sloane journey is one of the best adventures I've had.