We have an open position on our awesome Sloane Superhero Staff team this summer — we are looking for a Transport Co-ordinator/Driver!
This position involves coordinating all camper and staff transportation to and from camp property using Camp Sloane YMCA vehicles, and to physically drive campers and staff to and from camp property using Camp Sloane YMCA vehicles. This position shall meet the primary goals of delivering safe and reliable transportation to campers and staff members.
Qualifications: Must be at least 21 years old. Must have significant experience driving, clean driving record and background check and positive references. College upperclassman or graduate preferred.
Date of employment: The Transportation Coordinator/Driver will begin on the first day of Staff Training each summer, typically 8 days before the first day of summer camp, and end on the last day of summer camp. Generally, this is a 9 week, resident commitment, negotiable based on circumstance.
Pay: Negotiable, DOE. Room and board provided, generally in a seasonal cabin with modern bathroom facilities.
- Physically drive campers and staff on and off camp property as needed
- Complete and monitor a daily schedule of transportation on and off camp.
- Coordinate other staff members to physically transport campers and staff on and off camp property as needed.
- Complete a daily safety checklist of all vehicles used for camper and staff transportation
- Insure delivery and enforcement of on-the-road orientation and rules and regulations to campers and staff
- Clean both interior and exterior of camp vehicles used for camper and staff transportation
- Communicate directly with supervisors while off-camp with updates on location and timing.
- Safely drive a 6-passenger vehicle or similar vehicle for as much as 5-6 hours a day.
- Lift as much as 25 lbs.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled activities and duties
- Complete all duties as assigned.
About Camp Sloane YMCA: Camp Sloane YMCA is an 80+ year-old independent, non-profit charitable resident and day camp. Camp Sloane YMCA is a member organization of the YMCA of the USA, licensed as a Youth Camp by the State of Connecticut and accredited by the American Camp Association. Our Mission is to put Judeo-Christian principles into practices through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Our campers come from the New York City metropolitan area and beyond, and represent a large diversity in socio-economic, religious, racial and ethnic background. Our staff members pride themselves on being positive role models whom our campers will remember for the rest of their lives. Half or more of our staff return each summer, and most seasonal supervisory staff are returners.