Come Join the Growing Team at Camp Sloane!
CAMP SLOANE YMCA MISSION:
To provide experiences in a multicultural, outdoor environment based on traditional values that promote growth, leadership and character development.
Camp Sloane YMCA is “A Place to Grow” for our camper AND our staff. Our seasonal counseling staff is the very most important asset we have. Staff members are expected to put their campers at the center of their lives in all that they do while at camp. We employ young people form colleges and universities across the United States and the world. We believe deeply in the camp experience that we create - the professional staff at Camp Sloane YMCA is composed entirely of people who have lived and worked directly with children at summer camp. It is truly the hardest job you will ever love, and is the job which many of our staff members value most in their young adult life. Camp Sloane YMCA is an experience that truly lasts a lifetime.
Most folks looking for a camp experience have lots of questions, and we think that is a good thing! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (800) 545-9367 and ask away!
What are the biggest highlights of spending the summer of your Life at Camp Sloane YMCA?
- You will work for a completely committed, caring and involved professional staff. We are concerned with the development of individual staff members, and will consider you a member of our Camp Family.
- You will work at a growing YMCA camp; ACA-accredited, highly respected, and one of the few independent YMCA camps in the nation.
- Camp Sloane YMCA is located in one of the most scenic areas in southern New England, on a secluded, safe 270-acre property near the Appalachian Trail. This is the region other camps travel to for outdoor activities!
- We live in Tents! Our tents make us one of the most unique YMCA camps in the country. Living in our platform tents gives our campers and staff a true camp experience. The tents are a big part of what makes Camp Sloane YMCA the best!
- We pay nationally competitive salaries, including room and board and in some cases, travel allowance.
- There are many opportunities to advance your skills through certifications and trainings provided at no cost to you.
- For employees pursuing careers in education, social work, recreation, etc. there is no other place where you will gain as many contact hours with children.
- We are two hours north of New York City and provide van service to the regional train that takes you straight to Manhattan!
- Our staff lounge is two floors, with free, cable internet access, TV, DVD, a library, games and ample space to relax away from children on your time off.
- You will live and work in a community of your peers, with young people from all over the United States and the world, bonded together by the common goal of making a difference in the lives of your campers.
Please complete our staff application:
Please complete the online staff employment application below. If you have any questions, please email Andrew Keener email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!